Monday, September 28, 2009

Lost in LOST

LOST
I had to write a quick blog about my all-time favorite tv show, LOST. I first heard about this show long before I started watching it. In fact, the show had already finished the third season and was a month or so away from the season four premiere. I was dogsitting for my friend who was in Ohio and I had his house to myself for a week and a half. I rented the first disk of season one at Blockbuster and I watched all four episodes that night. For the next ten days I rented every single disk from all three seasons. Sometimes I rented two disks, which is eight episodes, and would watch them in one go. I couldn't get enough of it. If you've never watched it, I highly recommend trying it out. The story mostly takes place on this mysterious island after Oceanic Flight 815 flying from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles crashes on it, somewhere in the South Pacific. It follows the lives of the crash survivors and what transpires on the island. They initially stay on the beach where the majority of the plane wreckage is, but as the days turn into weeks and so forth, they are forced to improvise and adapt in order to overcome and survive. I don't want to ruin anything, but the island holds many surprises for the survivors and everything is not as it always seems. There is something in the jungle, and the survivors may not be the only ones on the island. I was able to finish seasons one through three just in time for the premiere of season four. At the time of this writing, seasons four and five are already finished, and they were great seasons. The next and final season, six, will premiere in early 2010, a few months away. Hopefully the mysteries and questions raised in the first five seasons will be answered, but nonetheless, LOST is undoubtedly one of the greatest show on television, and I am lost in it. Thank you abc. If you've seen and liked LOST, check out FlashForward, abc's new show. Some say it's the new LOST... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment