Monday, September 28, 2009

UFC vs Boxing

Which is better? Mixed Martial Arts or boxing? Is MMA "human cock-fighting"? As Joe Rogan once said, boxing is the sport of punching, and MMA is the sport of fighting. Some say that boxing takes more conditioning and skill, but others say that the UFC is much more punishing to the body and more exciting to watch. Personally, I think that the UFC is infinitely more interesting and dynamic than boxing. Just recently on September 19, 2009, I went to a sports bar to watch UFC 103: Franklin vs Belfort. It was on one of the main tv screens, but just a few feet away, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Juan Manuel Márquez was also playing. Two huge events from two completely different organizations having pay-per-view fights on the same night at the same time. Half of the sports bar was watching the boxing while the other half was watching the UFC fight. I could tell who was watching what fight by the screams when someone got knocked out or hit on either of the fights. It didn't take long, however, for me to notice that the boxing half of the sports bar ended up watching the UFC fight. To me this shows how much more interesting MMA is compared to boxing. Now I have no bad words for boxing, and I respect the fighters, but MMA and the UFC is without a doubt, to me, much better.

Here is a YouTube link discussing UFC vs Boxing:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJgg3XHLhs

No comments:

Post a Comment